SubscribePuntius Denisonii - Update to Madan's Article
lochness&ruby
---------------
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 9
female usa
Hi all,

Much excitement was made when Madan Subramanian first wrote of his fishing trip to find Puntius Denisonii in their natural habitat. The article was first posted in may of 2005 and can be viewed here http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=86&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0

Since then, there has been further information posted by Madan on his website in regards to how he was treated by the locals in a wary and cautious manner for fear he might be tied to commercial fishery so the information they shared with him may or may not be truth nor very factual by his own admittance and this made me respect him even more.

here is his follow up and further information based on that trip and how highly guarded the information on the denisonii is kept http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6785&highlight=denisonii

Also, being a barb and as evidenced by many that keep this beautiful species, it is known to school and shoal and quite possibly only males are mainly shipped to keep the prices and demand high. I, personally, have kept a shoal of 7 for over a year and although their colors are striking, sadly I believe they are all males.

Ty Madan Subramanian for the updates

Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 00:26Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
i read this and loked at the pictures...

made me want to go on a trip like that and now i definatly want some of those fish!!!!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 06:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
lochness&ruby
---------------
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 9
female usa
EditedEdited by lochness&ruby
I'm actually looking to obtain at least 5 more and now I will be searching for females if at all possible (tho solitary members in lfs will sometimes look dull so there's no guarantee). They have easily become my favorite and this from a pleco fanatic

here are mine - taken 2 days ago:

Post InfoPosted 27-Dec-2007 06:13Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies