SubscribeWanna Know What's Fun??
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
I made a drastic stocking change in my 55g. I've decided to go from calm and peaceful to nothing short of insane!

I went out and picked up a small "fleet" of Tiger Barb youth, about 20 or so of them. I had one large TB left from my original stock two years ago and he just want's himself any longer.

I also have a dozen silver tipped tetras in there, along with 3 Black Ruby Barbs. I plan to double the school of Black Rubys, for their own sanity's sake... safety in numbers after all lol. There are two Dwarf Neon Rainbows that hold their own nicely as well.

The TB's stick to their own group, as do the silver tipped tetras. Wow, what an action packed, fun filled tank!
Post InfoPosted 24-Jun-2009 13:00Profile PM Edit Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
and, since this thread is rolling along so nicely... to make matters even more fun, I have added 6 (2m 4f) Odessa Barbs to the mix. I will probably build this group up to 10... The males look awesome in the dimly lit, planted riverscape. I'll have to grab some pics.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jul-2009 04:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Scott
Don't grab the photos just post them please.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Jul-2009 05:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
EditedEdited by Babelfish
I agree, pics would be good

So the TBs don't really harass the others too much ?

My only experience with them was watching a standard and a green one rip each other to shreds, this was in a tank I had bought used and didn't even know what was in the tank since the water was so filthy when I bought it!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 07-Jul-2009 07:16Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
male usa
Well, everyone in the tank is a bit of an overactive egomaniacal fin nipper... The nice thing is, that the numbers are such that everyone pretty well stays to their own species, and I have yet to see any serious fighting...

Lots of chasing and fun... No wounds, no muss no fuss!
Post InfoPosted 08-Jul-2009 03:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies