SubscribeZebra and Leopard Danios?
truestar

-----
Enthusiast
Young Pup
Kudos: 92
Votes: 147
male usa us-indiana
I have a 20 gallon tank that has 8 Zebra Danios in it at the moment, and I want to up the school. I thought it would be nice to add Leopard Danios instead of Zebras to get a little bit of a different look in the tank, but I wanted to know if they would all school/shoal together. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Zebra and Leopard Danios are the same species, but that Leopards have spots instead of stripes. Don't fish school/shoal with fish that have same/similar patterns and markings? Will they still school even though they don't look alike?
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2008 09:00Profile PM Edit Report 
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
I have the pink danios, the albino, flurescent green ( that day was like Santa coming early) , the regular bluish and also a pinkish/purple stripped for a total of 12 danios in my tank and they all school together most of the time.. They are always playing tag with each other.. It also depends on how you introduce them in the tanks.. Usually from the LFS, they have them segregated, so I found when you put them in their new tank, the like colours stick together and in due time, they soon get used to their other cousins...

In my 30 gallon tank right now, its nite time and they are all pretty sluggish and they all occupy the top strata.

They are one of my favs as so many aquarists say, they are very enjoyable to have and look at .

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2008 04:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
You won't be disappointed, they'll school together.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2008 03:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
Yes, they'll get along and make an interesting shoal. The spots and stripes make for an interesting combination and they're very active so .... enjoy.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2008 23:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies