AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Cyprinid Corner
  L# my lfs doesnt sell white cloud mountain minnows HELP!!!!!!
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribemy lfs doesnt sell white cloud mountain minnows HELP!!!!!!
minnowman
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
male england uk-england
i need help guys, my lfs doesnt sell white cloud mountain minnows, and i have been frequently told that they are the best tropicals 2 start with, anyone know of a place in staffordshire, england. plz reply
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2009 19:08Profile PM Edit Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Most shops sell em mate, if that one dosnt try another.
There are other suitable hardy fish other than whiteclouds btw.
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2009 20:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Zebra danios are just as good, and if you can't find a shop with those then something's really wrong. But white clouds aren't rare at all.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 14-Oct-2009 05:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
YUP im not sure if theyr in england but petco has them and its true thyr pretty common so try any other pet shop

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 15-Oct-2009 23:17Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
When I lived in England, I found they kept white clouds in the coldwater section near the fancy goldfish. Sometimes these tanks are kept outdoors. Do you have a Maidenhead Aquatics near you?

><>
Post InfoPosted 16-Oct-2009 01:17Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
EditedEdited 25-Nov-2009 21:05
As Superlion has just said, look for a branch of Maidenhead Aquatics (it's a big franchise) close to hand. If you visit their website, they provide a nice map depicting where you can find their stores, and there's a good number of branches throughout the UK.

I was in my local branch earlier today buying Arulius Barbs, and one of the tanks contained something like 100 White Clouds (the natural colour scheme ones too, which are hard to find in some places because they've been displaced in some other pet stores by albino ones). If you can find a branch of Maidenhead Aquatics near you, you can pick up White Clouds for about £1.75 each, or 5 for £6. My local branch also had six species of Danio, nine species of Barb and five species of Rasbora, along with countless other goodies that I would have loved to take home but don't yet have the money for.

[Edited for minor typo]

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 25-Nov-2009 21:04Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies