L# Bumble Bee Gobi
SubscribeBumble Bee Gobi
Paulette
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 14
Votes: 0
female
Any experiences to share regarding these little fish?

Paulette
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Generally brackish water fish, but can be kept in FW. Like live foods. Med high temps., med. current.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
I keep two of them with my dwarf puffers with no problems. I've not found them to be territorial...they like to hang out under the driftwood in their tank or rest on the java fern leaves. They typically won't eat flake, I feed mine frozen or live foods. They have no swim bladder, and their pelvic fins form sort of a suction cup; they'll often attach themselves with that to the glass or the heater, similar to how a plec does with its mouth.

They are generally brackish but mine were kept in FW at the lfs I bought them from. I've had them for quite a while and while not terribly active they're very intersting-looking fish.

One of mine:

Theresa_M attached this image:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Azrael_Darkness
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 420
Votes: 8
male usa
yes i wish i could find a lfs with bumblebee gobies around here.
devon7
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 356
Votes: 4
female usa
I have seen them at tropic isle in framingham and also at the fish nook in acton from time to time i've also seen them at petco but im scared of that place
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
bettafin
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 112
Votes: 17
male usa us-illinois
I had a pair many years ago. I remember them being very picky eaters, even with live/frozen food. They ignored flake food. They were territorial and were fin nippers. I kept them in fresh water and they didn't live too long.
Hydra's Babe
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 23
female canada
I had a pair once. I think they are incredibly cute. Mine were very funny and really good at hiding. If I picked up a rock once to find them to show my brother and I couldn't see them. They were in the rock I picked up cuz they soon swam out after a couple of minutes when I put the rock back down. I couldn't even see them. They just stayed still when I picked up the rock. It was hilarious. ] I would love to get another pair with a pair of small puffers. Just adorable.
malawianpro
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 29
male usa
I am considering these guys, my guess is they won't get along with a figure 8 puffer? Or will it be better for GSP's? I think they were only a few bucks on Drs. F&S website, but imagine they'd be $15 at least in a LFS.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
TheGoldenDojo
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 559
Votes: 8
male usa
$15 at an LFS? MY LFS has good specimens for $1.49, F&S is practically a rip-off. Anyway, they're cute little fish that will thrive their whole life in a 2.5g tank. Wow! Talk about small.
malawianpro
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 29
male usa
I noticed that after making contact with a LFS that a couple other local aquarists own, said they'd hook me up for $2.50/ea. Guess that ain't a bad price at all, before i had no idea how much they are. U know i wonder why so cheap?, they are small but cool looking.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
bracguy81
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 53
male usa
Bumble bee GOBYs are very awesome fish. I have 12. They like a large group but can be very aggresive. the can be kept well with many puffers, and are actually very active. I say, it is best to get them into salt. even low brackish is a thousand times better than fresh. They are not picky eaters the just do not eat flake. i feed min frozen brine, blood worms, live insct larva, black worms, mysis, and frozen squid. you can keep them with other gobies, but they can be agressive.

GL,
BG.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies