Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe100 Gallon Stocking
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
i have a 100 gallon tank and i am thinking about peaceful fish for this one. ok i was thinking

2 pairs of Keyhole Cichlid (4 in total)
6 Discus
15 rummy nose tetras
2 bn plecos
4 pictus catfish
3 ABF
it is a well planted tank with some floating plants that i hope the ABFs like. I have had them in past but a lost died when i went on vacation and people didn't feed and one jumped out. last thing do u think i could but in some bamboo shrimp cuz i love them and the help clean out the tank. i got a dwarf crayfish and some thimes swims with my rummy noses in my 55 gallon. he is really fast and tooke my fire mouth's breeding spot so the found a new one and are still giveing me a lot of babys and i'm happy for that cuz my lfs never get any so they buy for for 5 dollars each and i give around 10 each time and for big ones they give 10. any seggestions are greatly appreacited.

Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2007 09:36Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
hello anyone reading? im kinda in a hurry going to store in a couple hours.
Post InfoPosted 22-Jan-2007 07:16Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
niggit
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 282
Votes: 0
female canada
heya

not sure if it's too late or not, but i just read your post and i have a couple suggestions... or maybe comments?

your plan sounds pretty good, i think. the only thing that seems out of place to me is the pictus catfish. they're pretty active, so they may disturb the more peaceful guys. also, i think they get big enough that your rummynose may potentially start to disappear.

the only other thing to consider, i guess, would be that if you have the 2 pairs of keyholes, plus the 6 discus, you may run into problems if and when they all decide to pair off. even a 100G may not be big enough for 5 pairs of cichlids that have decided to stake their territory.

other than that, i think you'll be okay...

let us know what you decided on! : )
Post InfoPosted 22-Jan-2007 07:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
yea i decided to get 2 raphel instead of the pictus cats i think they will go with the stocking better and thank your for your segestions and i left the keyhole cichlids out.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2007 01:56Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies