L# 29 Gallon Re-Done....Time To Re-Stock
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe29 Gallon Re-Done....Time To Re-Stock
X24
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 20
Votes: 0
Well i've taken my downstairs 29 gallon tank and put it upstairs, and then i took out the gravel and placed play sand and i put some local driftwood in there.

Right now it is doing marvelous with a firemouth, 3 yoyo's and about 20 Malaysian trumpet snails.

I already bought an albino senegal bichir, but it is around 2" right now, so i'm growing it out in my 10 gallon tank at the moment. So that fish HAS to be in the 29, as there is no way i'm getting rid of him, i love this little guy.

i was thinking
1x albino senegal http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/696.htm
1x leaf fish http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/493.htm
1x African Butterfly http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/488.htm

This would give me a nice miny primitive predator tank.

is there anything else i could get away with in this tank or do u think its pretty much fully stocked?
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2007 18:13Profile PM Edit Report 
Ethan14
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 339
Votes: 18
male usa
I would say that is a fully stocked tank right there. Sounds nice too. It might be a tight fit when all of the fish reach their full size though so keep that it mind. Another thing to look into are the feeding habits of the leaf fish. If you can get him off of live food as soon as possible, I have heard it can sometimes be quite challenging to do so.
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2007 21:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
X24
-----
Hobbyist
Only thing is, idk if its that leaf fish, or a climbing perch i'm getting. I have room for either, but i heard the ctenopoma (climbing perch) would take prepared food much easier.

Either way i'm going to try and get them to take pellet food as a staple, and then in the summer i have access to thousands of minnows from the creek by my house, and worms-a-plenty, but in the winter i suppose it'll have to be krib fry as one of my only live food sources.
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2007 22:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Big E
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 382
usa
The ctenopoma, if it's from a store like PetSmart (they're selling some) will defintely take prepared food and have a similar look and behavior. I'd go for one of those.

You'll need to upgrade at some point in the future for the birchir, but you probably know that.

Eric
Post InfoPosted 21-Apr-2007 23:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
X24
-----
Hobbyist
Many people have told me that senegals can actually take a 29 gallon tank for life, but if the time comes where i think it is too small, i'll deffinatly upgrade to a 55gallon, or whatever comes my way that would meet it's needs.

i ended up with an african leaf fish, so all live food i suppose.
Post InfoPosted 22-Apr-2007 05:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
X24
-----
Hobbyist
Got every single fish now!

Albino senegal is 2"
African Butterfly is 2 1/2"
African leaf fish is 2 1/2"

they are currently in with a juvi firemouth and 3 yoyo's, but they will be removed when they start growing a little more.
Post InfoPosted 25-Apr-2007 00:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GregB
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
male usa
EditedEdited by GregB
I had a butterfly fish years back! loved him.. very cool fish. Make sure ya got some floating leaves or something to make him and the leaf fish comfortable.

Quote Rain " I have always believed that this hobby is the art of keeping water and that the fish are just something pretty to look at."
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2007 22:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies