Subscribe46 Bow Stocking
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 498
Votes: 11
female usa
I am back, after a long, long time lol

I am in advance planning the stocking of my 46gal bowfront tank. I am hoping to get ahold of all the fishes on the list, budget permiting....

1x Veil Tail Koi Angelfish
1x Round Tail Gourmie (I am having a hard time finding one of these so I may have to go with a moonlight or pearl since I don't care for the plain paradise fish)
6x Black Phantom Tetras
1x Small pleco (like a Zebra would be ideal but they are so expensive, bbut a species very simular/color in size would also be ok)
4x Banded Corydoras (If I can special order these and they arnt too expensive, if not, I'll do pandas)

I'd like to add another small school as well, such as rosaboras, tiger barbs, or zebra danios. Would a small school fit happily in the tank?

Inky
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2009 11:14Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
well i would get the angel fish take out the red tail gourami just d 1 large school of tetras and get a bn pleco and i would go with more corys and pandas lol just my opion.
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2009 12:33Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
No, I gotta get the Angel. lol

Inky
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2009 17:21Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
i know u can have the angel fish but i said take out the gourami then a larger school of tetras and corys. and a bn pleco.
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2009 22:53Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
If you are so determined to have the Angel I would rethink the rest of the tank the reason for saying that I am sure you will want a mate for the first one of buy a pair to start of with.
Then look into what will go with a pair of Angels. As they bigger they can become very protective and some can be aggressive as well.

Its big think time before you scream out HELP.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 13-Feb-2009 05:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
I must have misread your post I feel silly

I would love to breed an angelfish, I just don't know If I would have the time to properly care for fry. I guess I'll have to do some research.

Inky
Post InfoPosted 13-Feb-2009 19:56Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
yea aslong as the fish arnt to small for the angel wont really go after them and if they fast enough to get away u will be fine.
Post InfoPosted 13-Feb-2009 22:04Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
You are at the correct place to do some of your research. There should be some one here on FP who breeds or has breed them. You will also require the tank to be set up plant wise correctly too.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2009 02:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
I am definitely doing all live plants. My theme is actually Lake Michigan, because I love the lake. I don't care for the green water though lol. So, I guess modified Lake-Michigan-themed-with-fish-that-arnt-native-to-Lake-Michigan.

Big leafy plants, and possibly driftwood, if I can get some that is good quality from an lfs.

Inky
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2009 03:36Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
you need to research the water parameters (temp etc) that angel's require then plant and stock accordingly. You do not want to spend a bunch of money on plants to discover they like cold water and they rot away in your warmer tank.

Don't just buy what you see at the LFS, buy what will work with your fish.

also i would reccomend planting and decorating the tank prior to buying any fish. This will help in the cycle and will ensure your fish a happy home when they arrive.

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2009 19:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies