Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGhostknife and Internal Pump
gunk
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 1
male australia
I recently bought a black ghostknife and when I first got him he was displaying some rather odd behaviour. He would not leave on particular very small spot near the top of the aquarium.

I soon discovered it was the magnetic glass cleaner that was causing the problem and within 2 days of removing it he fully recovered and has no trouble coming out now and eating directly from my hand.

What I'm wondering is since the magnet was causing him so much trouble, would a powerhead in the water cause the same or similar problems?
Post InfoPosted 30-Jul-2008 18:23Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
That is a very interesting question. Unfortunately I can't help you out with an answer but you've prompted some serious thought here. I'll be asking around the people I know who keep BGKs to see if anyone has had any issues with magnetic devices.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 31-Jul-2008 17:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies