L# Hi Everyone! I am new here
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHi Everyone! I am new here
beexie
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
Votes: 0
EditedEdited 28-Sep-2011 10:29
I am new here, but... I have a few questions. I would like to know about certain species of fresh water fish living together in a 10 gallon tank and possibly adding more and if so what kinds. I have
1- Gold Angelfish
3- white cloud moutain minnows
1-dalmation molly
1-rosy barb
3- yellow snails

I know it seems like a lot but, my tank seems so empty...
Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2011 16:24Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
The angelfish and rosy barb can easily (if not stunted, which can lead to health problems for your fish) outgrow a 10-gallon tank. They both need a tank at least 30 gallons in order to grow to their normal adult size. The mountain minnows would be happiest in a larger school, which would fill up more of the space in your tank, although I wouldn't add more until you have moved the angel and rosy barb (barbs also like company of their own kind)

><>
Post InfoPosted 27-Sep-2011 20:29Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
So do Angelfish.
The Angelfish will also eat the white clouds, and as said rosy barbs need to be kept in schools, like the white clouds. Forget the Angels, id suggest picking a tetra or small cyprinid you like and getting 7 or 8, you can still get your sails, and perhaps a few Corydoras for bottom feeding.
Post InfoPosted 03-Dec-2011 00:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies