SubscribeI want a tank of my own!
DonnieBoy
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 67
Votes: 0
male usa
Sigh...

Ok so I recently started restocking the 55 gallon and now everyone comes up with Ideas for it.... my son wants a shark so I get a rainbow... Then the other day my wife buys him a bubbly treasure chest and some floaty glass turtle thing... sigh...

I was trying to do something calming! with a nice group of fish and live plants and some nice rocks and driftwood but nooooo.... now my son wants a spongebob sign... thats where I draw the line.

Now my wife is getting in on it too she wants an angel fish and some guppies both of which are fine but... I want my own tank...

Ok whine fest over.

I would like to get my own tank now though Maybe a 10 or 15 gallon little tank for the desk in my bedroom with some live plants and maybe a small shoal of something or a few cherry barbs or something of the like.

Well one can dream
Post InfoPosted 07-Dec-2009 04:01Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Sit back and just wait sounds like your wife is listening to a sales pitch at the LFS. It wont be long before trouble begins and then you can start to rebuild that tank.

In the mean time buy a smallish tank for your desk just keep it simple yet very natural looking. It will not be long before your wife starts seeing the difference.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Dec-2009 04:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
pepidd
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
male usa us-connecticut
I agree, make them clean the tank once or twice and they will probably lose interest....then its all yours again
Post InfoPosted 08-Dec-2009 03:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DonnieBoy
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 67
male usa
Come to think of it I do have a small 2.5-3 gallon tank downstairs that is not in use atm!. I could probably put a few plants and and a pair of cherry barbs or a betta in there with some shrimps!

Now where did I put that. Think. Think. Think.

It doesn't have a heater though it will be in the bedroom so room temp should be fine, seeing as I keep the heat set at 72 or above in the winter.

Don
Post InfoPosted 08-Dec-2009 18:50Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies