Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeImporting fish
coffeeman
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 60
Votes: 21
usa
Does anyone know anything about how to import fish into the US? I am going to be going to India for work in a short while and I'm wondering if it would be possible to bring back fish that are expensive here but cheap there (e.g. Dennison's barb's).
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 21:11Profile ICQ AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
u can try and smuggle them, or ship them via air planes and pick them up at the next airport.
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 21:58Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
coffeeman
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 60
Votes: 21
usa
Well, thanks but I was thinking more along the lines of finding a way to do it without bringing the wrath of customs down upon me :-)
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 22:00Profile ICQ AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
If it any thing like Aust you will have no hope at all. Special permits and many more regulations that must be done.

Yes you could try to smuggle them in, just hope they will let you take your aquariums to the governments holiday camp with you and you computer to let us know what else you are doing behind bars.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2006 07:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Doedogg
---------------
Banned
Kudos: 737
Votes: 445
female usa
There are people known as transhippers that import fish legally. I'm not sure if they would work with you as a one time only deal, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. If you do a google search for betta transhipper you might have some luck finding a name, or if you go to aquabid and search under bettas the auctions sometimes list who the transhipper is. I only use betta as an example because they are common import and would be easier to find a name. Hope that helps.

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
~ Mae West
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2006 16:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies