Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeInvisible fish?
Cowch
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 29
Votes: 0
male usa
I just bought a new tank for my cherry zebras because the old one leaked. While I was taking all the ornaments and whatnot out of the old tank, I got to the end, where there were only fish left, and realized one was missing. So I freaked out and started searching all the bags I had put ornaments in and all over the floor and couldn't find him. I finished setting up the new tank and put the other cichlid back in when what do I see but my missing fish being chased all over the tank (he's the runt). Now, this is a bright orange fish, mind you, against a green gravel substrate. Hard to miss. But somehow he disappeared and then reappeared.
I'm perplexed. The ornaments weren't kept in water, and probably were out of the tank for thirty minutes or so. My other fish was just kept in a bucket. I have no idea where the little guy was, but I'm glad to have him back.
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2006 22:14Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
EditedEdited by fish patty
Yeah, I'm glad he reappeared for you too.

Are you sure the temporarily missing fish wasn't the species "Elusive Cichlid?"

Sorry...............I couldn't resist.
PS- There really IS such a species.
Post InfoPosted 16-Dec-2006 02:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
divertran
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 469
Votes: 165
male usa
EditedEdited by divertran
sometimes they take up residence inside the ornaments. esp iffin they're harrassed by other fish, or are light sensitive. I've a few fish I very rarely see, and then only when I look into their plastic log home. Actually, when I moved last year I was worried about them, two of them I couldn't find but knew they were inside the log. I just put the log into a large rubbermaid container with tank water in it, and they were fine. The log holds water so there was no problem there.
Post InfoPosted 21-Dec-2006 11:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies