L# General Freshwater
  L# Least Killifish/Heterandria
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLeast Killifish/Heterandria
FinFancier07
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 7
Do petstores usually sell this kind of fish? Are they just under a different name, cause I have had no luck in finding them.
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2007 04:21Profile PM Edit Report 
cherrybarb
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 64
Votes: 10
male usa
Depends where your located, but most pet shops usually don't carry them, but the petstore I work at always will custom order fish for someone so just ask!
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2007 04:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Natalie

If you're in the US, unfortunately you'll be hard-pressed to find any North American natives in your local fish stores. I would suggest going to the stores on the day they get their feeder shipments in (especially Goldfish and Ghost Shrimp), which are generally raised in outdoor ponds in Florida. Look through these shipments very carefully, and occasionally you'll find some very interesting contaminants in there.

I've found Least Killifish, Bluefin Killifish, baby Bullhead Catfish, Eastern Mosquitofish, and some unidentified minnows/shiners. There's a lot a cool stuff to be found, and it kind of sucks that these awesome fish are usually just scooped up with the Goldfish/shrimp and sold as feeders.

Also, if you're not having luck with this or you're looking for something a bit more rare, AquaBid has a North American natives section. The number of species available there generally fluctuates from month to month, but you never know what's going to turn up. The major downside to ordering any fish online, however, is that it tends to be significantly more expensive with shipping costs and everything.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 01-Jan-2007 05:30Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies