Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew 30 gallon tank plans
cbcinnie
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 49
Votes: 8
female usa
I'm thinking of getting a 30 gallon tank. I want to put 6 cherry barbs, 6 neon tetras and 8 panda cories in it. Would this be fully stocked? I think it would be, but my panda cories have a mind of their own and spawn like bunnies.

I have the cherry barbs in a 6 gallon tank and the other fish in a 10 gallon tank. I do water changes weekly in the 6 gallon tank and 3 times a week (30%).
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 03:13Profile PM Edit Report 
jodecii
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 26
Votes: 0
female usa
Dumb question. Cories are egg layers, correct?

Jody
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 03:51Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
I would increase your neon school and even maybe your cherry barb school. Maybe ten of each. A centerpiece fish would look nice too, maybe a pearl gouramis. Cories are egg layers.
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 04:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
Kudos: 1029
Votes: 35
female usa
I thought cherry barbs do better with only 2 or 3 of them. They don't really school.

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 05:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
Well true, but I have had them in groups of 8 before and they did best kind, but you are right they are not really true schoolers, but still do great in big groups.
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 06:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dreamseeker12
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by Fallout
Well if you wanted to do a centerpiece like Fish Guy said, then I would only have like two cherry barbs. I used to have two cherry barbs in with my betta, and everyone got along great, until I added two more cherry barbs. Then they ganged up on my betta, and my harlequin rasboras (not sure why though, as they didn't have any flowing fins to speak of. . . ), and I don't think a gourami would fare any better with even a small group of cherry barbs. Two or three should be just fine though, as like I said, in small groups, they are quite peaceful and content to chase each other around the tank

Fish are like potato chips. . .you can't have just one
Post InfoPosted 07-Feb-2006 06:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 07-Feb-2006 06:36
This post has been deleted
DeletedPosted 07-Feb-2006 20:39
This post has been deleted
cbcinnie
-----
Fingerling
female usa
I had 2 pairs of cherry barbs and they decided to spawn and only 1 fry of both spawnings survived (and I was surprised!) One pair spawned again on Saturday, but I didn't do anything to protect the eggs.

They actually do school together. Maybe this isn't normal but mine like to hang around each other.

I had 3 panda cories,1 female and 2 males, totally by chance, I didn't check the genders when I got them. They have spawned several times and I have at least 5 little ones that are growing fast.
Post InfoPosted 08-Feb-2006 01:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
cbcinnie
-----
Fingerling
female usa
My fish are all very happy in their new 29 gallon tank. They have been exploring the tank and seem amazed with all the space. The cherry barbs are hanging out with the neon tetras.
Post InfoPosted 13-Feb-2006 07:53Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies