Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew stocking.
Rookie_Boy1
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 27
Votes: 0
Hello guys!

I have a 15g and a 29g, and I need to downsize for the time being. The 15g is empty and the 29g only has 8 neons, a single guppy, two khuli loaches and a two inch BN.

I was thinking of refurbishing the 15g and moving all the fish in there, except the BN which I'm selling as it is really aggressive. I've had the 29g for years, and I don't want to risk the tank cracking or one of the glass panels coming off due to old age. Cracked glass/glass panel coming off = dead fish. And I'm moving in a year or two, so it would make it even easier in due course.

The 15g is fairly new, I got it last year as a hospitial tank for my little angelfish who sadly died.

I was thinking of stocking the 15g with;
4 male guppies.
2 khuli loaches - I think I might get one more just in case one dies.
eight neons.
1 german ram.
1 honey gourami.
pair of cherry barbs.

Would that make the 15g overstocked or would it be alright? I already have one male guppy and two khuli loaches and the eight neons.

Thanks in advance.
R_Boy1.
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2009 19:15Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
It really depends on the foot print of the 15 gallon, how much surface area there is. I have a 15 gallon but its got the same foot print as a ten gallon tank, so it can't hold any more then a ten gallon tank would.
Post InfoPosted 22-Mar-2009 21:35Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
first of all do at least 6 khulis, they have a really low bioload and are extremely social in their groups (in fact they often die if left alone).

get rid of the guppies, great fish, but i dont think that with the neons they will look very good and might distract.

as for the gourami and the ram pick one or the other, there needs only be one centerpiece fish and with two you draw away from the appeal of the tank.

and i love the look of cherry barbs but instead of them try another schooling fish to complete the look of up the number of neons.

I have a `13 gallon bay front tank with the foot print slightly larger than a 10gallon tank and I have that thing loaded with 6 khulis, 5 neons, 5 glowlites, a CAE (i know BAD news!), and lots of cherry shrimp, but if you are doing a hiigher biological load remeberr to keep lots of live plants (which you may need to learn how to do).

Good luck!
-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2009 02:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies