Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeProspective Dorm Tank:
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
Hi Guys,
SOrry I havent been around enought lately! been busy with school and moving and all of the fun stuff that comes with the new college experience.

Well my roommate and I decided that we would like a tank in our room, and already having a fully finctional ten gallon tank i decided I'd suppply the tank if he bought some fish for it.

Now my deal right now is the tank is home with a pair of Julidochromis rengani (Zambian Juies) and i dont want to take them with me. I know that some devastating over feeding or something will kill them, so will they do ok in a tank with some cherry shrimp and corries or would they eat the shrimp?
if not would they do ok with a pair of angels, a few danios, aCAE, two flying foxes and a black ghost?
\
Just want to mdetermine which will be the better place for them.
I've given up on breeding them, but would like to see them happily in a tank.

As far as the ten gallon, I want to take a handful of my cherries up with me and was wonderng what low maintanace hardy fish, but low budget, fish people have to recommend for a ten?

I can go for mostly anything, but i really dont want a betta, too cliche for me.

Thanks,
-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2009 19:37Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
A dwarf gourami with either some neons/cardinals, or male guppies. It would have alot of color.
Post InfoPosted 19-Sep-2009 20:07Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
I was trying to think of more of an oddball tyoe fish to keep,
somthing much less mainstream...
I do have a few cherry shrimp i can throw in there,
and the tnak already has some dwarf lilies, aponogenetons, and some dwarf oniions growing in there, alog with i will throw in some DW that has some java fern on it and maybe an anubias or two.
the tank has a UGF and an internal tetra fuana filter,
THe lights are two CFLs that are dayligh 6500K and 13W.
I do have a DIY CO2 system i can use for it, but would rather not as the reactor tablets (works like alkaseltzer) are a bit pricey.

anyone have any other fish that would be abit more interesting?

roommate and i are going to go halfsies on the fish so it can be alittle bit more expensive...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 21-Sep-2009 22:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
I've done fairly well with Harlequins, Panda Corys and a male Betta together in a 10g, planted.

But,I can tell you from experience, keep that thing clean and keep the water changes frequent. I let a couple different illnesses take hold in there and have lost fish over the couple years I have had my 10g. I think that's really easy to let happen in a small tank like a 10g.

At least that's been my experience.
Post InfoPosted 23-Sep-2009 00:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies