Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePuffers and Flounders
JYJason
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 90
Votes: 1
male usa
I have a new 30 Gallon Tank (approximately 2'*3'*3') that I'm about to set up. I know I want a couple figure eight puffers and I want to know if I can mix them with freshwater flounders. Both the puffers and the flounder were raised in freshwater, but I plan to slowly increase the salt level of the tank as they grow up. Will this combination of oddballs mix well together?
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2009 17:59Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
male usa
I don;'t know if those fish will mix well together i have never ket them. But with the dimensions u gave us that would make your tank around 134 gallons.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2009 21:58Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 16-Jun-2009 23:01
This post has been deleted
JYJason
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
haha I just googled the conversion for cubic feet to gallons... oops
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2009 23:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
JYJason
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
its 1'*2'*2'
Post InfoPosted 16-Jun-2009 23:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
I don't see why this combination wouldn't work, as puffers seem to leave gobies alone enough. I've never heard of it tried before, so there is of course the other possibility that the puffers will start some trouble.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2009 03:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
JYJason
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
ok... if I can ever get my sand to settle down I'll try it and let you all know!
Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2009 05:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
JYJason
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
After doing some more thinking I've decided not to risk it with the flounder. I think the puffers may be a little aggressive at the bottom of the tank and may mistake the flounder eyes for snails.

However, I would still like a bottom dweller in the tank. Are knight gobys compatible with the figure eights??? From everything I've read they should be.
Post InfoPosted 21-Jun-2009 21:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Big E
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 382
Votes: 0
usa
I kept a knight goby with my figure 8 puffer...no problems. Cool fish, but mine hid a lot more than I would have liked it to. Now the figure 8 was the most popular fish I ever had. He had a tooth plate issue, and didn't pull through (he lost a tooth plate and starved).

Have lots of pond snails on hand, crickets, and even cut up crab (shell on), shrimp, and muscles from the grocers will be taken greedily.

Eric
Post InfoPosted 08-Jul-2009 04:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies