L# General Freshwater
  L# Restocking ideas
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRestocking ideas
zeketaz
Hobbyist
Kudos: 78
Votes: 1
I have a 45 gallon corner tank with a fluval 204 filter. My water readings are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, ph 7.6. Im using a ph neutral to get my ph to 7. I am wanting to restock it eventualy with:
1 Bolivian ram
4 german blue rams
5 purple passion danios or 5 red phantom tetras
1 sumo loach
3 yoyo loaches
And a mixture of shrimp: black forest, orange halo, red cherry, and crystal red.
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2009 17:23Profile PM Edit Report 
hca
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 434
Votes: 211
female usa us-illinois
Rams will pair up, want to breed, and become VERY territorial, and aggressive when they have fry. I would only put 1 pair, and then no other bottom dwellers.Maybe a clown pleco ( 3 in) and provide several caves... but that would be about it.

loaches are shoaling, need 4-6 per species, and yoyo's are semiaggressive. Not sure on the other one, but any will compete with the rams for caves and territory, and a 45 corner doesnt have alot of floor space, so i wouldnt mix the 2.

shrimp- loaches and rams will love the snack.

danios and tetras- could do both- Id up the schooling numbers to 6-8 each, as they will be happier in larger numbers, actually the more , the merrier... with dropping the loaches, and most of the rams, you should have room for 2 decent sized schools. Or say 1 larger school of 10-12, and a smaller school of 6-8.
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2009 18:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zeketaz
Hobbyist
Hmm ok thanks for the info. Maybe I'll drop the loaches and rams stick with the shrimp and maybe look into a different fish. I'll do more research when I get a real computer. LOL
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2009 19:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
hca
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 434
Votes: 211
female usa us-illinois
most fish, will eat shrimp if it fits in their mouths, so if you want shrimp, stick to smaller school species
the purple passion danios
red phantoms
cardinals, lemons, harlie rasboras,ect.. should all be fine with shrimp, as would pygmy cory cats, ect...
But If your set on shrimp, it will greatly reduce that you'll find a "centerpiece" fish that wont eat them, unless your tanks is moderately to heavily planted so the shrimp can hide.

Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2009 20:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zeketaz
Hobbyist
Oh yeah the tank is deffinatly going to be heavily planted. The only bare spot will be an area around the intake for the filter so it doesn't get clogged.
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2009 21:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I have Cardinal Tetras with my CRS and never a problem the CRS are breeding like crazy in the very thick Anubias nana. The tank is extremely heavily planted. I have a sponge over the filter intake otherwise the young shrimp would finish up in the filter that would be if they got passed the impeller.

Cookie

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 16-Dec-2009 04:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
For the intake I'd get a sponge to cover it to protect baby shrimp from being sucked in and becoming paste... other than that with tons of plant the cherries should be great and should breed enough to sustain your colony and so you can give/sell some off to others. Cherries are great!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2009 22:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies