SubscribeShrimp deaths
SheKoi
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 553
Votes: 4
male uk
not really sure where to put this thread,

a friend has lost three shrimp over the weekend! they are amano shrimp which he has had for a couple of weeks i think.

they have died over night and not sure why!

none have the fish have bothered with the shrimp, they have been eating well, both waffers pellets and cucumber.

the only think we can think of is the addition of co2 is causing a problem at night? is this possible.

10G tank
2 dwarf gourami
6 black phantoms
4 ottos
now 2 shrimp.

its a diy co2 kit, so what could be done at night? i've suggested having a bubble pump setup for the night time on a timer! would this work?

are shrimp affected by co2?

any other suggestions

tank been setup for several months, is fully cycled

cheers shekoi

www.blooming-brilliant.co.uk
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 15:55Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Report 
illustrae
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 876
female usa
If the DIY CO2 was causing a problem, the fish would be effected as well. Have any medications been used? This is the time of year when many towns flush their water pipes, which can stir up heavy metals and other nasties which may effect your aquarium. It's possible (though inlikely) that they molted that night and didn't survive for whatver reason. Did you find empty shells anywhere in the tank (though it's possible that the fish ate them).

Hoping that there must be a word for everything I mean...
Post InfoPosted 18-Apr-2006 16:40Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies