AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# General Freshwater
  L# Spring is here! And its Tubbin Time!!!!
   L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSpring is here! And its Tubbin Time!!!!
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
My latest decoration. My neighbors call it my "Hillbilly fountain", lol.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 06-Jun-2008 23:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
Very nice "Hillbilly fountain"!! I have been thinking about added a pair of Paradise fish to my 19G Mini-Pond. The Mollies didn't work out from a month or so ago due to what I believe was temp. swings. What do you think about Paradise Fish in a small tub?

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2008 00:39Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
fyi acid, I am about 90 mins from you, max... I am 45 mins north of dayton... nifty!
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2008 02:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
male usa us-ohio
Cool beans Scott. You'll have to come down to one of our auctions sometime. Check out this site, my local club; http://www.gcas.org/
We actually have a couple of members that come down from Dayton. One guy comes down from Troy, and never misses a meeting hardly. Also, get ready for the ACA convention in 2009, we are hosting it in Cincinnati here!

Wings, I have actually bred some paradise fish in my tubs before. They work well. I did mine in a 40 gal tub.

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2008 05:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
man they are just greatand the hillbilly fountain is just to cool,great thinkingdoes it cost u much to do SO MANY tubs?the tubs would be the biggest outlay wouldnt they?
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2008 12:51Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
Thanks Acid, I might just pop down sometime, you never know! Great site you all have!

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2008 14:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
male usa us-ohio
Tub prices can vary. That large one 100gal, ran $69 US. And in that size I usually don't use a pump of any kind, but liked the idea I did there, more so for the sound effect of the water while I sit on the porch.

You can make tubs out of the use of almost anything that will hold water. I used to have a bunch of 39 gal ones, that I paid $10 US for each. The smaller and more shallow you go, the more likely you will need some kind of pump for water movement. As if you have enough plants in the tub, they will put oxygen in the water. But the smaller and shallow ones will get extremely hot in direct sunlight, so they will need some kind of water movement to help control the temp. As well, the warmer the water, the less oxygen it will hold.

I have even used free 5 gal buckets before, with one plant in them, and a pair of some small fish, like a killifish.

Basically you are limitless in what you can do with tubs, and what to do. Price wise all depends on what you want to spend.

Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2008 11:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
acid where do you get your tubs? i am looking for a 40+ one on a budget... i am gonna check out lowes when i go by today and probably pick up some kind of pond substrate to use insted of soil... but could one use burlap to line straw berry baskets to start planting small clippings or dwarf lily bulbs? I might just move out my dwarf lilies in my tank and just buy some more bubls are they are getting pretty big and unruly for a 15g! I am also thinging a trio of endlers in my tub... because i have some on order and under way and pretty soon will be over taken by them and all their fry! i figure it wouldnt hurt to sell the fry to the LFS!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2008 19:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies