SubscribeStriped Raphael Catfish - to get or not to get
ClownyGirl
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 311
Votes: 5
female india
Heya All,

I am back after several, several years. My husband decided he had to have a fish tank, so we now have a 250L tank with African cichlids of various kinds. All fish were inherited with the tank from the previous owner, so I feel like I would like to add just 1 fish of my own.

I wanted to get a striped raphael catfish, so what do you guys think, yes or no? And will it eat all the eggs from the spawning fish?

Regards,
Clowny
Post InfoPosted 29-Oct-2014 13:03Profile Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Cichlid_dude75

Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 1
male usa us-kentucky
Some purist would frown at the idea of putting a SA catfish in a tank with African Cichlids. Personally I would opt for a syno of some type. My fav. is the Featherfin Syno. But to answer your question, the Raphael will do ok in the tank as long as he is big enough to hold his/her own and the pH does not go much above 8. Since Africans are mainly mouth brooders, they wont get the eggs, but they will take care of most if not all of the fry.
Post InfoPosted 17-Dec-2014 10:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies