Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhats a Good Choice?
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 62
Votes: 6
male usa
I am looking to ad a couple larger fish that are community fish and live in pairs.
I would like a pair that arent all that messy and are hardy and easy to care for.
Right now I have the 55 gallon long tank and all I have now are my two large (6-7" upside down cats (my faves totally) and then 6 small danios and 2 glowlite danios.
The cats are rather dirty fish so I definatly dont want anymore dirty fish to keep up after.
What would you suggest? I like fish that arent picky or need alot of attention and special needs.
Thanks...
Todd
Post InfoPosted 01-Oct-2008 03:49Profile PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
What about a pair of angels or keyhole cichlids? Gouramis?

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 01-Oct-2008 09:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Kribs are also good, although if they decide to breed, they'll have the rest of your fish cowering in a corner (otherwise they're pretty peaceful.

><>
Post InfoPosted 01-Oct-2008 20:33Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Hooben

-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 219
male usa us-texas
How about tinfoil barbs, they aren't that messy...are they? I know that they are very peaceful, grow fairly large and will stay together.

Post InfoPosted 03-Oct-2008 05:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Alas, tinfoils will grow too large for a 55 gallon aquarium.

Lindy hit some of the ideas I was gonna throw out. Gourami are pretty good.

I'm a little curious about the upside down cats because the normal species known as upside down catfish, Synodontis nigriventris, does not reach 6-7". It's possible it's another Synodontis species, however, as many of them swim upside down. It's also interesting that you have two catfish that are so large and they haven't eaten all the small fish in the tank.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 06-Oct-2008 16:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
I have an upsidedown cat, and hes maxed at 6-7 closer to 7 I bet.. does eat my small fish, the odd one goes missing sometimes, you gotta keep up on thier feeding, they have hugh appetites. cool fish Ive had him now going on 9 yrs bought him for $1.50 Can and the fish rep said he wont get much bigger than 2-3 cm.. wow ok.. a yr later..its was as small as the panda cories, Its amazing he was that small so cute..he gets along well with my clowns they are a good 5in now..
sue
Post InfoPosted 08-Oct-2008 07:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
pardon me thats 7 yrs ive had him was thinking of another fish..hes 7+..good looking fish..
Post InfoPosted 08-Oct-2008 07:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies