keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
Today while looking at the 45lt tank I saw what looked like a small 2-3mm flat stone on a Anubias nana leaf.
When I took it out it was a flat spiral shape about 1mm thick. Before I could think I squashed it. I should have taken a photos easy done with the macro.

Edit about 2hrs later
I have just seen another one but this time it slipped out of my fingers. LFS has some V Small CLs I will get one tomorrow. When he gets a size into the 5ft tank with all the others. Its either that or try to catch a yoyo in the 5ft tank or buy one instead of the CL

I have not added any thing to the tank other than water and a few Cardinal tetras. The last plants were added in Jan 08

The only thing I can think of it came as an egg or extremely small via the water supply.
Years ago when you ran a bath it was full of very small snails.

2nd EDIT
PHOTO green lines are mm lines on rule

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Attached Image:

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 31-Jul-2008 09:34Profile PM Edit Report 
lsburton
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 2
male usa
I had a hitchhiker that showed up when I was cycling. I'm pretty sure mine came off of the sword plants though. He's still around, actually cleaning off the brown algae right now, and has gotten pretty big since he first showed up. However I'm still on a search for some healthy Oto's and not the $15 zebra ones at the LFS
Post InfoPosted 31-Jul-2008 12:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

You had snails in your bath tub? How did that happen?

Anyway, it just looks like some kind of small, harmless planorbid snail that probably came in with some plants... It is possible they just went unnoticed for several months, especially if they came as eggs and the one you found is an adult.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 31-Jul-2008 20:02Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
I think I have the same snail in my 55G tank. I am pretty sure they came in on some plants I got from another hobbiest. They are very small and flat. Something like a micro-ramshorn I guess. They don't seem to bother anything in my tank so I leave them alone. I also have two skunk loaches to so they might be keeping them under control too now that I think about it.

I don't think it is cause for worry though.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 01-Aug-2008 03:41Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
The baby snails in the bath water came through the tap from the water supply. Many years ago my sister had a baby eel in her water supply.
I checked the LFS today and no sign of snails in their small tank.
I think I would have noticed them well before this. In a few hrs I managed to squash 5.
At the LFS I bought a V Small 4cm-1&1/2ins CL as soon as he gets bigger straight into the 5ft tank.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 01-Aug-2008 05:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies