AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# General Freshwater
  L# feeding my fish what works and what dosent?
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribefeeding my fish what works and what dosent?
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
Votes: 1
male usa us-california
hello i want to varry my fish's diet a littel so i want to know what and what not i can give them i give them sanyu pelets, flakes tetra-min tropical flakes and cucummber my uncle told me they can eat and orange slice without the skin is that true? what else do fish like to munch on? any tips

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 15-Oct-2009 23:30Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
What they eat will depend on the type of fish you have

I've always found that zucchini/courgette slices tied or held to a rock with an elastic band go down well. Chopped earthworms are popular, as are blackworms and other little water insect larvae.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 16-Oct-2009 01:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
1st_signer

Callatya is 110% correct it will depend on the fish and their sizes.
One thing that must be done is a big and varied diet (how would you like the same food every day for most of your life.) Think as if the fish are wild fish what would they eat. I think you would find they would eat any thing they can get as they never know when the next meal is coming.

Have a look at My Profile and you will see all the things I have tried over the years.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 16-Oct-2009 03:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
Depending on the fish mushed peas are good. A slice of banana weighed down is good too.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 16-Oct-2009 21:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
1st_signer

Hobbyist
Kudos: 49
male usa us-california
well its 1 angel 1 betta 2 platys 3 mollies 2 plecos and 1 lemmon tetra i have a 70 gallon tank now, im happy but its kinda empty looking now lol i tried elodia but they ravenged it i took it out and put it in the sun so now that thats said what can i feed them? the angel if full grown and the pleecos are kinda small im not 100 on the mollies theyr like 1 inch and the platys are about the same.

>>>>>>a learning experience as an aquarist can be fun but you must be ready to take and obey advice and criticism but most of all be patient<<<<<<<
Post InfoPosted 16-Oct-2009 23:00Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Ira
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 181
male newzealand
I feed my fish chicken occasionally. They've also had hamburgers...
Post InfoPosted 18-Oct-2009 08:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies