L# guppy has mouth rot
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribeguppy has mouth rot
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
EditedEdited 28-Jan-2014 02:45
the orange sunset guppy i bought hasnt been interacting with the other fish in the tank and just staying up at the top of the tank as far away from them as he could get. upon close inspection of him i noticed some raised white spotting on and above his mouth, preventing him from even closing his mouth. after doing research i think ive diagnosed it as mouth rot. should i quarantine him? is there anything i can do to help him at home without having to buy a product? any help is greatly appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 28-Jan-2014 02:45Profile PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 28-Jan-2014 04:50
This post has been deleted
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
turns out he actually had whirling disease as soon as i saw him do a few corkscrews in the tank i knew something was wrong. i immediately removed him from the tank and put him in the cup i bought my betta in. after i learned what the disease was and saw statistics on survival rates, i knew he wouldnt make it so i decided to euthanize him by putting him in a plastic bag a third full with water from the tank and then place him in the freezer. while i was doing further research on whirling disease i was finding consistantly that the parasite that causes it is only released into the water after the death of the host. can someone please verify that for me so that i can stop worrying so much about my other fish contracting it?
Post InfoPosted 28-Jan-2014 10:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies