L# General Freshwater
  L# is my guppy sick?
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribeis my guppy sick?
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
a fancy guppy in my tank is very active but not eating. this is very strange to me because he is the one in the tank that eats the most. ive looked at him very carefully and he isnt showing any signs of stress, finrot, or any other kind of disease ive researched. can someone help me out?
Post InfoPosted 20-Jan-2014 05:54Profile PM Edit Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
also i only feed him and his tankmates flakes. could it be that hes just bored of them?
Post InfoPosted 20-Jan-2014 05:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
EditedEdited 20-Jan-2014 22:41
Hi,
With all the disturbance, of cleaning the tank and removing one of its neighbors, you might want to hold off a bit before worring.

That reminds me, with all the cleaning and large water change, do you have a water test kit? Along with my other post about the Nitrogen Cycle, you, especially now after the massive cleaning, should be testing the water to know where the ammonia and nitrite values are. If they are allowed to climb too high, the symptoms you mention could be the result of ammonia and nitrite poisoning. If you don't have a kit you should take a water sample, in a clean container, to your local fish store and ask them to test it. Very nearly every fish store will test your water for you for free. They do, however, expect you to purchase any additives or medications from them as pay back.

The API "Master Test Kit" is excellent and is the one that I use all the time.

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 20-Jan-2014 22:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
today i fully disassembled the tank and thoroughly cleaned everything, as well as boil the gravel and then vac it heavily to make sure everything was out of it. i kept about a liter of the old water to add back as a sort of starter culture for the bacteria. the tank is now crystal clear and now that i have the right supplies i can keep it that way. i dont have any money right now so buying a test kit or meds is out. the fish have been in the new water for about an hour now after having been properly re- acclimated and are showing no signs of stress or disease.
Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2014 03:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Kimberly808

Small Fry
Kudos: 2
female usa
I would say that maybe the guppy is pregnant.. they act a bit different when they are getting ready to give birth. Since it is a livebearer.. the babies will come out alive and most likely get eaten very fast. Sometimes i have seen the mother eat them right after the birth of them...
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2014 17:58Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
they were both males. and one died recently
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2014 19:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 02-Mar-2015 06:23
This post has been deleted
Beyram
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
male usa
This is the simplest type of aquarium fish)
Post InfoPosted 21-Oct-2021 21:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Beyram
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
male usa
If your guppies are sick then hobi hobi may not suit you at all. In this case, I would recommend that you check it, for example, using the magic of numbers, at https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-666-meaning/ you can find out your lucky numbers, as well as numbers that do not suit you , this will allow you to recognize your hobi.
Post InfoPosted 27-Oct-2021 16:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies