Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
well heres another two.
This is a common zebra mantis (lysiosquilla maculata) making her burrow. This is what i ordered when i got the other large Lysiosquilla sp.
This is about 2 inches long and will grow over a foot.

Gotta love those eyes!

The other is a Gonodactylus chiragra male, got three of those now. Until i get my system up and running that will be it for them now! He just ate a crayfish so wont come out for photos, here he is in the bag.

James
Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2008 23:59Profile PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
That zebra mantis is stunning! great photos too! Is the last one known as the peacock? I can't really tell if that's what it is through the bag. Also, what's the total on the stomatopods now?

The tank looks like it's set up with dividers, any chance for a full shot of your setups? Do they ever see each other and get upset?

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2008 23:17Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
Nah Matty the Peacocks are Odontodactylus scallyrus - this is a gonodactylus chiragra. If you remember the first mantis i got with the leopard print on its shell, thats a peacock.
i have 7 or 8 now i think with plans of an all in one system with more tanks more aligned.
All the tanks are individual apart from this one, this is split into a 12" section and a 2ft section, the small zebra in the smaller part because they live in a hole they make in the sand and need a DSB.
Will try to get some more photos up soon dude.
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2008 23:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies