Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeA New Home for the Goby
mrlimpet
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
Votes: 3
male usa
I'm thinking of moving my yellow clown goby from his 12 gallon Nano Cube into a 55 gallon well-established tank with skimmer that houses a year old Clown, a yellow tang, and a six-lined wrasse. Is that too much of a bio-load and will they get along?
Thoughts?
Thanks
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2006 03:18Profile PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Clown gobies are tiny, moving one to the larger tank won't affect the bioload much at all. However, the bad news is that the tang will eventually need a larger aquarium. Adult yellows are just as active as the juveniles, and a whole lot bigger. A wider tank is needed.

As for the fish getting along, I think the goby would be able to disappear into any rock if the other fish didn't like it. It is probably small enough that the other fish will leave it alone, anyways. Moving it should not be a problem.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2006 03:44Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
fishkid99
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 218
Votes: 39
male usa
the little goby should do just fine just make the transfer quick and keep in myn once you put him in the bigger tank youll probably never get him back out...

>>>----> <----<<<

pnh
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2006 01:15Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
I would leave him.

Clown gobies are usually pretty small (and cute!) and will be seen best in a smaller tank. If he's really growing to the point where he doesn't look comfortable in the nano, then move him.

Make sure if you do move him that you acclimate as if he were a new addition, unless your tanks are on identicle systems.

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 03-Jul-2006 18:10Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies