Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCleaner creatures
ipsomatic9
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 16
Votes: 1
male usa
I currently have a 14 gallon Biocube. Everything seems to be going well, except for the fact that I have had a lot of algae growth on the walls of my tank. I have cleaned by hand, but my snails can't keep up. I currently have an orange "turbo snail", three astrea snails, one bumblebee snail and two soft shelled snails. I can't seem to keep any turbo snails alive. I've had about 3, and they all die within a few days, even though there seems to be plenty of food. I need more cleaners, but I don't know what will work the best. The snails don't seem to be eating the yellowish colored stuff growing on the glass. The only fish in my tank is a clown, he seems fine. Any suggestions are appreciated!

"A fish swims through the sea, while the sea is in a certain sense contained within the fish."
-mewithoutYou
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 03:28Profile PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
your lighting could be too much and the algae is getting too much photosynthetic energy...

try siesta lighting (where there are "nap" periods of about an hour and then the lights go back on) every few hours....

your water chemistry probably isn't right for the snails... also not all algaes are beneficial for snails to eat and there for they wont eat them... you will probably need to feed them some type of alternate food other than the alge on the glass (which you could just get a magnet cleaner for).

GOOD LUCK!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 04:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Melosu58
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 86
Votes: 0
male usa
EditedEdited by Melosu58
It`s OK to use livestock to get rid of algea but you have to do your part as livestock alone will not be enough. Read this 10 step plan for battling algea.

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/index.php?p=getitem&db_id=11&item_id=5
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2008 00:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies