Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 70
Votes: 1
male usa
EditedEdited by norrec
i Want to get 2 more fish dose anyone have any sugestions thanks austin

In the age of darkness the blind man is the best guide. In the age of insanity look towards the mad man to show you the way
Post InfoPosted 02-Apr-2006 21:00Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 02-Apr-2006 21:07
This post has been deleted
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
i think i fixed teh potos for my tank hers a pick of my clown
after i cleand the tank

Attached Image:

In the age of darkness the blind man is the best guide. In the age of insanity look towards the mad man to show you the way
Post InfoPosted 02-Apr-2006 21:16Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
MY YELLOW DAMSEL FISH

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 02-Apr-2006 21:21Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
star fish

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 03-Apr-2006 01:40Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
crab

Attached Image:

Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
EditedEdited by norrec
fether duster

Attached Image:

Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
my anemone bubble

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 03-Apr-2006 01:49Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
No coments ...sigh

Post InfoPosted 06-Apr-2006 03:49Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
I know, I get that too sometimes*shrugs*.

Not a lot of traffic on the dark side of the boards. I just keep posting anyways cause it's a way for me to document things for myself.

Nice looking animals there, keep takin' good care of em'. Hope that algae you were complaining about (which I didn't see much of) gets better.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 06-Apr-2006 05:08Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
i was thinking of geting a yellow tan or a yellow gobie any one have any sugestions ????? any one have any sugetions on another shrimp i should get i have a monkey shrimp right now

thanks austin

Post InfoPosted 14-Apr-2006 16:50Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Well monkey shrimp are known to eat corals, clams, and just about everything else but are always listed as peaceful towards fish and other shrimp or snails. You could add any shrimp you want. 1 site does say monkey shrimp need more of their own kind but I haven't found any other source that seconds that.

There are tons of shrimp to choose from. There are common easy to care for shrimp like skunk cleaner shrimp, peppermints, camel(will eat corals), coral banded shrimp(again not reef safe), or fire/blood shrimp(a few reports of killing other shrimp or corals but majority say they are safe).
Then there are interesting harder to care for shrimp like harlequin(only eat starfish), or clown anemone/  shrimp(occasionally bother zoas and don't live as long without an anemone). That's most definitely not all the shrimp species.
Post InfoPosted 14-Apr-2006 18:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
OK ... A Percula Clown Fish and a Yellow Tailed Blue Damsel are your only fish at the moment, and this is a 55 ... and you're relatively new to SW. This puts some limits on what else you can have - one, some small fishes are beyond your skill level at this stage in the game, but will become options to consider once you've got some experience, and two, some of the hardy fish that you might like to add are just too big. Life does that to you sometimes (sigh).

So, what can I suggest? Something small and hardy that will live with your Clown Fish and your Damsel ...

If you have decent cave provision, you could try a Dottyback. These are nice, hardy fishes, and you have quite a few nice small members of the Genus Pseudochromis to choose from. I'll stick to the common ones because the chances of you even FINDING a marshallensis or a wilsoni in the shops is minuscule ...

Pseudochromis porphyreus, sometimes called the Strawberry Gramma even though it's a Dottyback, is a nice small one that is really intensely coloured. It's also a feisty little so and so, and if you go with it, you'll be limited in what else will be able to go in from that point on. But, it's a lovely fish, and only reaches 5.5 cm in length. Won't blow your biofilter to pieces.

Pseudochromis paccagnellae, sometimes called the False Royal Gramma (because it has an almost identical colour scheme to the REAL Royal Gramma) is another 5 cm fish that won't break the biofilter. Could prove to be a bit of a handful temperament wise though!

Slightly bigger at 7 cm isPseudochromis flavivertex, the Yellow Line Dottyback. Another nice fish. Possibly less feisty than the previous two, but still reasonably hardy.

Now before anyone holds up their hands in horror when I mention Groupers, I am NOT going to suggest you get a Pantherfish or some other juggernaut that won't even fit in your tank! The Family Serranidae is a hardy family, and one that is, unfortunately, best known for its tank busters. But - if you play yur cards right, you can find some really lovely "mini Groupers" that stay around 5 cm! Liopropoma carmabi is a prime example - looks like a Cardinal Fish but isn't!

Quite a few people are utterly enchanted by Dwarf Angels, and it's all too easy for you to become thus enchanted too. If you're planning on a Dwarf Angel, then my advice would be this - exercise some patience, stick to your current two fishes and gain some experience with those, then pick up a Dwarf Angel in about six months' time. Why? Although some people do experience success with them from the word 'go', I would NOT recommend them as a fish for a newcomer to saltwater fishkeeping because they're not that fond of high nitrates. Spend time learning how to keep your nitrates below 20 ppm if you want to branch out into Dwarf Angels, and you'll thank me for telling you to, because it'll make your Dwarf Angel keeping a LOT more rewarding! Oh, and before you do think of getting a Dwarf Angel, even when you have the management experience, check your tap water first. Unless you're using an RO unit or buying in RO water for your water changes, it's pretty pointless going to the trouble of trying to keep your nitrates down for a Dwarf Angel if your tap water has 50 ppm or more to start with thanks to agricultural runoff! Once those issues are addressed, however, Dwarf Angels I'd put on your list for the future are Centropyge resplendens (if you can find it!), Centropyge argi and Centropyge acanthops (all nice and small). Tempting as a Flame Angel or a Coral Beauty might be, remember they reach 12 cm, and would push your stocking close to the limit. Do NOT under any circumstances even THINK of touching Centropyge bicolor with a 40 foot barge pole, because it's a 15 cm fish and one that's strictly for the experts!

Okay, on to something you might be able to treat yourself to now if you have the funds. Neocirrhitus armatus, the Scarlet Hawkfish, is a 7.5 cm fish that will also be most entertaining to watch. Fairly hardy too, and quite feisty.

Wrasses ... hmm, there are some nice small ones, but ... if you buy a wrasse, KEEP IT COVERED! Also bear in mind that some choices will limit what else you can have in there - the Social Fairy Wrasse (also known as the Sea Fighter), Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis, is drop dead gorgeous and fairly hardy, but won't tolerate certain other wrasses in there (it'll go ape if you put it in with a Six-Line Wrasse!) and might not get along with certain other fishes either. However, take a look at the Fairy Wrasses at ReefCentral.com, and see if one takes your fancy!

Now, if you can find ANY Blennies belonging to the Genus Helcogramma, you're on to a winner here. Tiny, peaceful, brilliantly coloured, and nice and hardy to boot. Helcogramma striata is just 3 cm fully grown, and won't blow your biofilter, and Helcogramma decurrens is a nice fish too. If you can find the beautiful ruby coloured Lipophrys nigriceps, this is a 5.5 cm blenny that will be pretty hardy too.

Among the Gobies, you have LOTS of choices. Amblyeleotris randally is just 3 cm as an adult, and a cute little fish into the bargain. For something unusual, how about Fusigobius neophytus, the Glass Goby - one of the few near-transparent marine fishes in existence? Also, another visit to ReefCentral.com to look at Stonogobiops Gobies would be a nice piece of research for you, though whether you could afford a Yasha Goby is another matter! Then there's the Genus Bryaninops - among the smallest marine fishes at just 3 cm fully grown, and Bryaninops natans is a little jewel - if you can find it!

If you can afford it, a Purple Fireflash Goby, Nemateleotris decora, might be worth considering, though it'll blow a fair sized hole in your wallet. However, the much rarer Nemateleotris helfrichi, while similarly hardy, won't so much blow a hole in your wallet as nuke it! I'm told that's a $100 plus fish in the States ... yikes ...

Now most Puffers will be way too big for your tank, but I've found one that isn't - Canthigaster punctatiisimus is just 7.5 cm fully grown. So if you fancy having an oddity in your tank, this could be for you, provided you're prepared for it to munch its way through molluscs and possibly help itself to some of your crustaceans too ...

This little lot should give you some food for thought

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 15-Apr-2006 00:33Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
theses arnt my only fish .... i have 2 clowns 2 types of damsles a algie blenny and my tank is a 75 gallon

Post InfoPosted 15-Apr-2006 04:05Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
i have 2 clowns 2 types of damsles a algie blenny and my tank is a 75 gallon

OK, depending on your clowns and if they are the same species or not, one for sure will reach 5 inches at least. The damsels, again depending on what species, will also reach at least 5 inches, and up to much more if it is of one of the larger species. The algal blenny will reach about 8 inches. Of course these are all eventually, but still you should always plan ahead. In a 75 gal tank, I would say you are at your limit or at least very close to it. I would not add any more fish, but add other critters, such as snails, cleaner crabs, etc.

In my 75 gal reef tank, I only had a pair of black onyx percs, a candy wrasse, a pair of yellow head jawfish, and a hawk fish. And IMO, it was fully stocked.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 15-Apr-2006 04:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
well i am back from the fish store i dident get any fish i got my salt and 10 snails and 5 hermit crabs

Post InfoPosted 15-Apr-2006 22:38Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Norrec
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
well i gess i might need to get a Roa system but i dont know a good one to get can any one sugest one for me thanks

Post InfoPosted 25-Apr-2006 18:53Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
I got mine from aquasafe on ebay about 4 months ago. It's doing a wonderful job so far. I think it was about $150 after shipping and everything. That's much cheaper than an equivalent name brand unit from kent or spectrapure. Even with my employee discount on the spectrapures (wholesale) it was cheaper for me to go with the one on ebay, and so far I don't regret it. I think there are a couple others on ebay too, filters direct and somebody else. Shop around a bit to see what you like.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 25-Apr-2006 20:30Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies