AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# General Marine
  L# Flaming Prawn Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri)
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFlaming Prawn Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri)
niggit
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 282
Votes: 0
female canada
EditedEdited by niggit
Hello!

I am the proud new owner of a Flaming Prawn Goby (and I think I got him for a steal at $24.99 CAD!!).

I have done some research about him online, but I was just curious if any of you have had first-hand experience with them?

My current setup is a 10G FOWLR with about 1.5 inches of aragonite sand. The other tank inhabitants are 2 percula clowns, 1 small hermit crab, and 1 turbo snail.

The tank has been set up for over 2 years and is run by a power filter (for a 40G tank) and a small powerhead for additional circulation.

Any tips or advice regarding this beautiful little guy would be great! I want to make sure he does well : )
Post InfoPosted 17-Jan-2008 19:09Profile PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
Sorry, no personal experience. I can't afford a fish that normally sells for over 100. The most I've spent on a fish was about 30. Good luck with him though, and I hope you got it from someone reliable, cause cheap finds like that can sometimes spell trouble.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 17-Jan-2008 19:26Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Melosu58
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 86
male usa
Maybe since you have had him a few weeks you can tell us about him. How`s he doing?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 14:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
niggit
-----
Fish Addict
female canada
hello!

i finally have an update about my little goby! he must've just been acclimatizing to the tank because before today i hadn't even seen him!

today, i did a thorough clean of the tank and moved some of the rocks around, and when i was done, there he was! so, he must be doing well.

he's scooting around on the bottom like most gobies, but also goes up onto the side of the tank occasionally. i fed the tank some brine shrimp, and he seemed interested, but i didn't actually catch him in the act of eating.

from my research i read that they are generally pretty hardy, and also hard to come by, so i think i got quite the deal! fingers crossed that things keep going well because i really like him!
Post InfoPosted 27-Jan-2008 00:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
is this one of the types of gobies that have a relationship with pistol shrimps?

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 11:59Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
niggit
-----
Fish Addict
female canada
apparently they will form relationships with pistol shrimp, but the one i got came all on his lonesome. if i see a pistol shrimp for sale, i may pick one up though! should be interesting
Post InfoPosted 31-Jan-2008 23:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Melosu58
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 86
male usa
Can you get a pic of him?
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2008 16:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
niggit
-----
Fish Addict
female canada
i'll try, but it will be tough. he's still very shy and has a hideout under a rock that he spends most of his time in. i'll keep my eye peeled for a chance, though!
Post InfoPosted 27-May-2008 03:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies