AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Marine Aquaria
 L# General Marine
  L# My first salt setup (with lots of pics)
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMy first salt setup (with lots of pics)
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
EditedEdited by mattyboombatty
I've been wanting to update this log a little more frequently instead of letting it slide for a month. Everything is doing well. Still have a bit of red slime algae. Not sure what it's from, PO4 and NO3 are 0. Thinking my RO/DI was the cause, I got to change out some prefilters and put in new resin today. Was making 3-4 tds water, now making 0-1 tds water. The resin was old too. Guess it still works. I've been making water for about 12 hrs. and have about 30 gallons to show for it. That's reasonable considering the water pressure is only about 40psi. Hopefully the water change with better source water will help. Gotta keep on top of that a little better I guess.

To the pics for those who don't like to read

Monster-sized green zoa colony:

Purple with orange ring echinata:

Purple and green blasto merletti, compare growth to 3 months ago....sloooooow:

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 01-Jul-2007 03:56Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
EditedEdited
A couple more....

Another of my wheeler getting a little more comfy, more yellow in the bands this time. He's starting to eat anything that sinks....frozen mysis, brine, spirulina pellets, and regular old pellets. Here he is:

And one of my hammer coral hosting my occ clown. The hammer is still a bit bleached, but starting to make a comeback, a little pink and green can be seen.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 02-Jul-2007 04:34Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies