Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGetting Restarted
SJinNJ
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 447
Votes: 16
male usa us-newjersey
I just got my 75 gallon fish tank out of storage. It's been like 8 years. I still have my old filter, can I use the old stuff or will I need to buy new for the filter? Also I have a 10 gallon hex, what kind of filer fits that?
Post InfoPosted 17-Jun-2016 18:25Profile PM Edit Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
Do you mean "old stuff" as in the old filter media? I would only use it if it was stored properly and does not have any discoloration. New media is typically pretty inexpensive so the safest bet would be to give the filter hardware a good rinsing and put new media in it.

As for your 10g hex, if it's taller than it is wide, you'll have to find a filter that has a long extension. There are small canister filters that would more than adequately do the task. I personally favor the fluval 100 or 200 series canisters. You can usually find these used online if you don't want to spend the money on a new one.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 18-Jun-2016 14:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies