L# Help in utilizing new tanks
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHelp in utilizing new tanks
MrJones
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
I need some help, or sugestions with what I can do with 2 new tanks that I purchased.

I currently have a 120 Gallon tank which I stocked with Cichlids (mainly from lake Malawi, and a Royal Knife (which i never see, it is hiding all the time :-( )

The two new tanks are 55 Gallons and 35 Gallons. I would really apreciate it if someone could give me some ideas of what to do with the two smaller ones. Should I use them to try and breed? or keep an exotice fish perhaps, and if so what would be a good one to keep?

Your help will be apreciated.
Post InfoPosted 22-Jan-2008 20:28Profile PM Edit Report 
RickyM
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 101
Votes: 62
male canada
Welcome to FishProfiles!

Since you have not been very specific, and you're keeping cichlids, perhaps you can get some ideas from the "Cookie Cutter Setups" in this link:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/quick_reference_list.php

Happy fish keeping.
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2008 17:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
well like rickym said more details would be nice but whatever. well id say go ahead and do some kind of nice community setup with the 55 and then maybe use the 35 for breeding? just a thought

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 04:30Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
a 55g would look great with a stacked rock wall in the bak with anubias, java fern, and mosses covering them. it could have ricca or hornwort as a floating and vals in the backround along with some wisteria. the foreground coul be planted with glosso, ricca, dwarf or pygmy chain swords and dwarf hairgrass. with a tahiatian black moon sand or a flourite substrate with a few peices of drift wood and a couple amazon swords... it could be stocked with 10 cardinal tetras, 10 black skirt / black widdow tetras, 10 corries (or any species), three female bettas, and 7 female livebearers or choice and 3 male livebearers... this would be a full and active tank and most of the live bearer fry will be eaten by the tetras or the bettas... it will bea ctive and lax all at the same time... (you could substitute the bettas for an angel pair).

the 35g i would put tahitian moon sand with some texas holey rock... or a similar rock of choice. the rocks could be arranged in any preferable manner and be planted with anubias and java fern. vals in the back round with some aponogetons in the middle ground. and glosso or ricca in a lawn like arrangement in the forground with clusters of hairgrass breaking up the mat. this tank could house anything of choice, but some cichlids might terrorize the plants and the aquascape. (if you were to keep a pair of dwarf gourami in here or soething similar i would add a floating plant as well.)

well these were just some ideas that i have been toying with for my tanks... ( i have a 55g and a 29g... but the stocks are stuck for a while as i have a large oscar and a livebearers array in the tanks...) if you can invision these tanks i think you could enjoy them!!!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 10:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies