FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Getting Started
  L# Hiya: New Ten Gallon Suggestions?
   L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHiya: New Ten Gallon Suggestions?
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
Kudos: 1029
Votes: 35
female usa
EditedEdited by GirlieGirl8519
Yes I agree with the above post...the cories will get too big. The pleco will also get too big for a 10g and they make alot of waste (not good in smaller tanks). The pandas may do, as they stay around 2 inches...but can be sensitive, so I wouldn't risk it.

You can buy fish online. You have to pay for overnight delivery (usually around $20-30). If the store is near you, then why not just buy from the store and save some money?

Ottos are catfish, but eat algae. They would be great for your tank, but you have to be sure you have some algae growing for them already. I would get 2-3 for your tank, once you have a good supply of algae going.

If you don't have alot of algae, you can get some rocks and place them in water in direct sunlight, somewhere in your house. They will grow algae and will be good little treats for ottos. Alot of people do this to make sure they stay well fed. Some ottos will eat algae wafers (heck, mine even eat shrimp pellets), but some don't.

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2006 22:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Nyteflame
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
female usa
You can buy fish online. You have to pay for overnight delivery (usually around $20-30). If the store is near you, then why not just buy from the store and save some money?

What I realy want is Cherry Red Shrimp, but the LFS doesnt carry any freshwater shrimp at all.
Its strange, because it is a HUGE fish store.

I would rather do without the bottom feeders and get the shrimp, but *shrug* I guess I dont have much of a choice.

Anyway, thats why I was asking about the shipping.

I guess the ottos are cute..but 3 of them? With the 6 Harlequins and 2 cherry barbs?

I dont know what I want.

Good news: Im about halfway through my fishless cycle. The amonia is down to about 1 mg/l, This is the first day it has shown any change. Iv been adding 50 drops a day (with an eyedropper)
Soon it will be time to start watching the Nitrites.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 00:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
reneeandpauly1
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 14
Votes: 4
female usa
I have a small variety of tetras..
I owned 3 neon tetra/cardinal tetras during the cycling progress..and they all died.. so I learned that they are sensitive fish and not to add them until the water quality is well..
I'm still going through the cycling progress, and unfortunately I didn't read on about the cycling until after I bought my fish and had it set up..so now I have 4 tetras (lemon, rasbora, bleeding heart,and scissortail) and am hoping they survive (crosses fingers)..but once my tank is done cycling, I'm going to have a small variety of tetras and around 2-3 ottos.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 05:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
Kudos: 1029
Votes: 35
female usa
Nyteflame, check out Aquabid. There are alot of sellers that have shrimp. Sometimes shipping isn't that much. You are looking at around $20 shipping any place you buy though. You have to ship either next day or overnight to insure that the fish/shrimp make it to your house.

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 05:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Nyteflame
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 17
female usa
Wow! Cool site! I know what I will be looking at if I am on the desk at work today!

BLUE apple snails? Someone one there has blue ones...Iv never seen them before! Not that I want apple sanils, but they are realy pretty!
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 14:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies