AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Getting Started
  L# Tank Stands..Do You All Use "Aquarium Stand" Made For The Tank?
   L# Pages: 1, 2, 3
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTank Stands..Do You All Use "Aquarium Stand" Made For The Tank?
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
I was concidering moving him to the large tank ,but not wanting to risk shocking him..even a few months down the road..what do you think?
I know what you mean, but I have recently moved my discus around when I upgraded tank sizes & had no problem. I use the bucket/drip method, so acclimatisation was gentle.

I will have to do it again soon, as I intend separating the domestics from the wilds.

Only catfish I have owned are otos & cories & I have moved them around with success. Never owned the type you have, so can't say for sure, but I think if you are careful, you will be fine.

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 25-Oct-2008 03:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 36
Votes: 1
female canada
hi Robyn, Yes the drip would be good.. I think I will concider that..Ive never done it before and sounds to be the best way for him..fish in floating bag was all I thought I could do..
Its a ways down the road right now for him..I want to make sure the tank is very stable for a month or so after the other fish have ajusted in.
spieces of fish Im concidering are..4- red rainbows, 4- Boesemani rainbows.. 2- solid black angelfish ( or should I go 4 ) 6- Roseline torpedo sharks (barbs).. and a shoal of 8-10 threadfin rainbows.. not sure if I can get away with them, when housing the roselines..
roselines can get 5-6 in river, fast water..they stay very much to the bottom.. what do you think..?
Id also like a couple of Gouramis..
Also having a tough time deciding on backgrounds.. what do you all have, when such a large tank..
Sue
Post InfoPosted 28-Oct-2008 17:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
EditedEdited by superlion
I have moved my syno. eupterus around several times. They're very hardy and I had no problems doing it, except - Do NOT use a net to catch them. The spines in their pectoral fins will come through the skin and then they will have to spend a while in a new tank with open wounds. If all goes well, they will heal, but it's not pretty until then if they do get damaged. Instead, I'd use a net or hands to herd the fish into a hard-sided container like a glass jar.

><>
Post InfoPosted 28-Oct-2008 17:57Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
female canada
Thanks Superlion.. I was hoping someone else had them..they are hardy yes..but, you never know from one to the next..the drip is a good idea..
..and yes netting will not work, the fins are sooo high and long..
which reminds me of how the fish were climatized and bagged in the tank for a bit, only to be poured into a big net over a bucket..
I put a stop to that real fast....and they wondered why the tanks ended up with ick all the time..geeeez I wonder.... and fish death within hrs of being recieved..
thanks for the tip..
Post InfoPosted 29-Oct-2008 05:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Oh, and don't be surprised if they squeak when you catch them! They're not called "featherfin squeakers" for nothing

Good luck!

><>
Post InfoPosted 29-Oct-2008 06:33Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
itsjustme1966
-----
Hobbyist
female canada
EditedEdited by itsjustme1966
... Oook..really!?.. oh boy..this will be fun..
thanks for that tip as well..
As Im sure it will still startle the out of me..

Sue
Post InfoPosted 30-Oct-2008 05:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies