AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# General
 L# Getting Started
  L# What Are The Most Popular Nano Tanks At The Moment?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhat Are The Most Popular Nano Tanks At The Moment?
fcaquariums
Banned
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
EditedEdited

Can anyone tell me if nano tanks are very popular?

fish tank aquariums
Post InfoPosted 06-Mar-2009 05:32Profile PM Edit Report 
Kellyjhw

Big Fish
My bubble...
Kudos: 217
Votes: 471
female usa us-michigan
EditedEdited by kellyjhw
The smaller the tank, the larger the swing of your parameters. You have to have everything just so, or it will go straight to H**#. But they could be great for a stand-by tank, i.e. quarantine, short term isolation. If in a pinch, like some colleges will restrict the size of a tank, those will do. You will just have to be very careful with them. And be sure your room-mates don't do crazy or stupid stuff to your tank in your absence.

I've never used either of them myself.

TTFN --->Ta-Ta-For-Now
Kelly ;o}
Post InfoPosted 06-Mar-2009 06:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
because the fish are the centerpice of the tank and or with good lights could be a live coral or planted tank.... its just depends on taste..
Post InfoPosted 06-Mar-2009 06:59Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 06-Mar-2009 06:59
This post has been deleted
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Small tanks can be fun it will challenge you to your limit some times. As mentioned there is no room for error at all. The parameters can easily change and can happen before you realize it has happened.

To get one up and running it takes a lot of research to get it right and keep it going with the minimum of problems. With the smaller type get the biggest you can.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Mar-2009 07:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
As far as the actual tanks, Eclipse all in one tanks are pretty popular because of their simplicity and availability in most LFS and chain stores.

As for stocking, you can do a nano with live rock/sand with a small clown fish or goby (Salt Water)

or if Fresh is in your liking, you could do a small planted tank that is stocked with a handful of shrimp and a non predatory and non aggressive center piece (or a school of TINY tetras).

-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 09-Mar-2009 00:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies