L# What should I put in?
SubscribeWhat should I put in?
cichlidl0ver
Fingerling
Kudos: 15
Votes: 3
male canada ca-ontario
EditedEdited 06-Dec-2009 00:40
So, I've got a 10 gallon aquarium right now with a small mbuna cichlid and 3 juvenile neolamprologus brichiani in it. I'm wondering what fish I should put in and what I should make the aquarium look like visually? I was thinking 2 or 3 juvenile yellow labs and when my fish grow too big, ill move them to my 35 gallon tank.
Post InfoPosted 06-Dec-2009 00:38Profile PM Edit Report 
hca
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 434
Votes: 211
female usa us-illinois
EditedEdited 06-Dec-2009 00:51
First let me say I havent ever kept africans, although I HAVE done some research on them ,as I thought about it.

a 10 gal is TOO small, I would not add anymore to your existing set up.

also, I would look into upgrading to a 75 gal, a 35 isnt going to big enough for what your wanting. These fish need some space, that a 35 isnt going to give them.

Hopefully someone with african cichlid experience will come along,

The only thing that I can up with off the top of my head that would work in a small tank would be shell dwellers....

edit to add- According to the profile here on fp- your fish will grow to an average of 4+ inches each and are territorial and aggressive... even Juvi's are territorial.
These need there own space- which even a 35 wont give give them. Id definately look at a 75 or larger tank, or different kind of fish.
Post InfoPosted 06-Dec-2009 00:44Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
I agree, the 10 gallon is far too small. Even when they are still very young, africans are very aggressive. Thank tank just doesn't provide enough space for the fish to get away from each other.
Post InfoPosted 06-Dec-2009 10:25Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies