L# help on new fish for 37 gallon aquarium
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribehelp on new fish for 37 gallon aquarium
yetti2010
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
male usa
Hello, im new to these forums and i have a 37 gallon aquarium and I've had it for a while and i need new fish for it i have 2 yo yo loaches and 5 neon tetras and 3 red tall finned tetras(i forgot there name) and I'd like to get more fish i had trouble with my first aquarium(algea)but not to much of it though so i would love some help on what fish to buy and how many of them and some tips on how to keep the aquarium running

thanks
Post InfoPosted 15-May-2011 19:28Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
You have got lots of options here. First thing I would do is up your school of tetras if you can find more of them. Tetras like to be in schools of atleast 6, they get stressed out when there isn't enough of them to make them feel comfortable. Did you have anything in mind you were interested in?
Post InfoPosted 17-May-2011 04:19Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Have a look through this list and see if you can find your red tetras.

Then I agree with what Gourami said, build up that school, and your neons as well. Loaches are shoaling fish so adding a few more to them will be good too.

The best thing you can do to maintain the tank and keep algae to a minimum is to do regular weekly water changes. Use a gravel vacuum to clean one third of the tank gravel each week. Remove 10% of the tanks water with each water change. Hold the gravel vac in position till all the waste from that little spot has been sucked up then lift it and move to the next spot doing the same thing. When adding the water back to the tank make sure you use a good quality dechlorinator. Most also will break down chloramine so make sure you get one that does both if you're on city water. Also be sure the new water is the same temperature as the existing water in the tank so that there is less shock and stress placed on the fish.

Have a look at the fish in your local store, write down the names of the ones that you like the looks of then come back and check their profiles on this site to see if they're compatible with your tank and existing fish.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 17-May-2011 04:40Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
yetti2010
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
male usa
EditedEdited 18-May-2011 21:56
Serpae Tetra's are the red fish

and i'll take a look at the fish at the pet stores around my town

thanks!!! a LOT!!!
Post InfoPosted 18-May-2011 21:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies