L# i just baught piranhas can i putthem in ? plz help
 Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribei just baught piranhas can i putthem in ? plz help
thejuice
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
male canada
the temp is 64 but the heaters been put on for lik 3 hrs . and i dont want them sitting in the pitcher
Post InfoPosted 09-May-2010 03:09Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
How warm is the water in the pitcher? If it is about the same they may as well be in the tank. If not, just wait it out.

If you have a kettle with a concealed element you can add some warmer water directly to the tank to help it along, but do not use one with an exposed element. This is NOT ideal, but neither is having 3 aggressive fish in a jug.

In future make sure the tank is ready before you buy the fish.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 09-May-2010 14:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Callatya is exactly right, a big part of keeping fish is simply keeping water. An appropriate environment for fish is a prerequisite for good care of fish. This is several hours later so I assume this has resolved.

Also, how big is the tank and how many watts is the heater? What temperature is the heater set to? It's quite odd that it would not be the appropriate temperature after 3 hours.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 10-May-2010 06:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies