AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Livebearers Lane
  L# Endler and Fancy guppies together?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeEndler and Fancy guppies together?
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
I bought a pair of endler guppies yesterday. Both of them are very young; not much more than fry. One of them is constantly chasing around the fancy guppies and nipping at their tails. Are endler and fancy guppies compatible or are endlers naturally more aggressive towards fancy guppies?
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2014 19:59Profile PM Edit Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi,
They should be fine but, the "purists" among us might object as they will breed and produce hybrids.

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2014 20:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ztb23
Hobbyist
Kudos: 137
Votes: 0
I'm fairly certain that the ones I have are hybrids. That doesn't really bother me any. I just bought them because I like the way they look. The tag on the tank at the petsmart called them Cobra Endlers.

As far as breeding is concerned that isn't an issue. There are nothing but males in the tank.

I turned off the light and separated the bully from the others for a few hours and released him back into the tank after that. He seems to not be bothering any of the other fish for now but that might change when the light goes back on. I know their behavior changes depending on the amount of light because they really only think of it as night and day. Lights on for day and they turn active, and lights off for night and everything settles down.
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2014 22:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies