---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Just adopted a fellow Fprofilians fish who's off to England, among the collection are some Endlers who I'm very excited about.

Question is, is there a risk of them being invited to dinner .

They're currently safe in a breeder, but with four of them they're going to want more room soon.

Main tank which is where they were going to go has:
WCMM (safe)
Danios (safe)
congo tetras (safe)
Silver dollars (safe?)
clown loaches (safe?)
yoyo loaches (safe)
Blue ram (worried)
Kribs (slightly worried)
Possibly a firemouth (worried)

A smaller tank has two firemouths that were breeding before we moved, but have been hiding the entire 7 months since. They could either be moved back to the larger tank or have the blue ram (who made a snack of their offspring) move with them, although it'd be a little tight.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

^_^

Post InfoPosted 06-Jan-2008 01:07Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
EditedEdited by Brengun
How about the little guys go in the little tank and the bug guys sort it out together in the big tank?
By the way my c.loaches would never hurt any fish including endlers. They get up to mischief sometimes but never hurt anyone.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 03:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
I dont think you will have any fry that might survive with all those layers of fish in there! Do you plan on breeding them?

The rams are peaceful, from what ive heard, and i am sure that they wont harm the endlers at all. Same as the krib, as it is a bottom layered fish from what i hear. I am not too sure on the Firemouth, and i would wait and see before putting the firemouth in the tank, as it sounds to me that they arent in there yet. I am not so sure about silver dollars either.....

If you are really worried about losing them, i would buy a few female full grown guppies and let them live in the tank for a while, and if anything happens like eating or bullying, then it probably wont be too safe. Male guppies might get attacked more than females, because of their larger tails (If it is a fancy tail type).

Good luck, and Great job on the endlers!!! How much were these fish? I want a pair myself!

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 05:09Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
brengun, the firemouths are in the smaller tank because at one point they were breeding, we never got a chance to watch the fry grow up though, always wanted to so when we moved I wanted to give them a chance. As of now they're sleeping in separate beds (caves) anyway so it might be better to move them up and not have them breeding.

Still havent seen the firemouth that may still be alive in the upper tank, he had a poor run in with the filter right before we went away on vacation, he'd been doing ok but havent seen him since our return.

Endlers were some that got passed on to me from JB, she's headed out of the country and needed a good home. From what I can tell they look to be all males. Might try and poke around to find a few females as breeding them would be even cooler than the firemouths. Most fish here in oz are pretty and not in a good way!

Thanks for the thoughts! Keep 'em coming!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2008 05:31Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
Votes: 1
male usa
The only thing I would be worried about would be the firemouths. Besides them, no other fish should cause the endlers a problem.

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 10-Jan-2008 05:57Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
jase101
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 273
Votes: 1
male australia
i had 9 congo tetras eat 6 small marbled hatchets my boyf bought for me - 6 in a matter of an hour. they are attracted to surface movement, as that's where they normally get their food - and endlers are very small and very surface....
Post InfoPosted 12-Jan-2008 05:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
eek sorry to hear that jase

I think I'm going to have to do some moving then!

I just wish I'd put the yoyo loaches in the smaller tank, they'll be near impossible to recover from the large tank. I'm afraid they'll be overpowered by the clown loaches when it comes to the food. They'd go good with the little endlers in a 20 gallon tank.

Thanks everyone!

^_^

Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2008 06:11Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies