Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeEndless Fry
ashley1984
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 3
male wales
hey can anyone help me plz???? my platy have given birth to bout 45 baby fry i was so happy it was amazing!!! but i gave about 5 to a mate of mine as i never had the room in my tank, so after taking a couple of platy round my mates house when i got home i looked into my tank and low and behold there were about 7 guppy fry!!! so i took the female guppy and put her in my breeding net to keep the fry safe from predation, so now i got 16 guppy fry lol, what i need to know is is it safe for me to let the female bk in the main tank or shall i leave her in the breeding net incase she has more to come on the way??? how many fry can guppys have?????? or is that all of them???? 15 help me plz?????? ashley

1 oscar 1 c,a,e 2 plecos
48" x 24" x 18" filtration= 1 fluva2+ 1 fluval 3 and a aqua pro 3 heating= 2 300w superfish heater with thermo
Post InfoPosted 10-Dec-2007 14:42Profile PM Edit Report 
eat_ham222
-----
Banned
Kudos: 72
Votes: 16
male usa
I think you should the fry in the trap... and the mother in the main tank. As cruel as it sounds.... I would just let all teh fry you don't plan on keeping into the main tank, to be eaten. It's natural, don't worry. About a month from now, you can expect some more babies.. Congrats, Grandma.
Post InfoPosted 10-Dec-2007 19:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
A guppy can have LOTS of fry, but it depends on the size of the guppy. A smaller, younger guppy will produce less fry than an older one. You can leave the mother guppy in the breeding trap for a couple days to make sure they're all out, but to warn you she may eat some of her own young. After that it'll be all right to put her back in the main tank.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 10-Dec-2007 20:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ashley1984
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 3
male wales
cheers , thanks for the reply! check out my problem with green wate rand smell plz?????? ash

1 oscar 1 c,a,e 2 plecos
48" x 24" x 18" filtration= 1 fluva2+ 1 fluval 3 and a aqua pro 3 heating= 2 300w superfish heater with thermo
Post InfoPosted 12-Dec-2007 15:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
I also think that the higher the water temperature is, the faster you'll have fry. If it's 25 deg.cel. you'll have them in 4 weeks & tif the temp. is 28 deg.cel. the Guppy & Molly, can give birth at 3 weeks. At least that what happened to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2007 09:56Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies