SubscribeGuppy Fry
Poobles
-----
Fingerling
Oodles Of Noodles
Kudos: 11
Votes: 5
female usa
I had 4 pregnant guppies all one one 10 gal breeder tank. As they gave birth I removed the moms. I had 15+ babies floating around in the breeder, now I can only see one sometimes two of them. Im curious if they are all dead or just really good at hiding. If they are dead I can't find any bodies, the only fish that have been in the tank are the fry. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2008 16:34Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
stealth114
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 24
Votes: 1
male trinidad-tobago
PLEASE check your filter.. Some may have got sucked up and got trapped in between there...

Guppy fry are very good at hiding and because they are so very tiny, you have to watch closely for they can be hiding near rocks or just on the bottom and you cant spot them.... remove rocks etc carefuly and then see if they pop out..

Shine a light on to help find them too.. Just keep looking hard and

Hobbyists
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2008 18:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
If you've got floating plants they'll hide very well in there. The filter is another place to check - I've found a lot inside mine before and I'd use an old pair of tights around it in future - allows the water to pass through without the fry becoming trapped inside.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2008 23:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
There are possibly three answers either hiding, they have been caught by your filter, or just died.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 11-Jun-2008 08:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies