Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeHas anyone bred halfbeaks?
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
I was wondering if any one here had bred halfbeaks?
I have one male and he is very cool the way he likes to stay mostly in the top of the tank. I am getting him some friends for company and thought maybe if its not difficult that I could get some babies.
I accidentally got my halfbeak labelled as a pencilfish which is why I only have one. But a livebearing halfbeak sounds pretty neat.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 00:40Profile PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
I found some pretty cool articles on the internet when I was looking them up before. You should do some searches. I think they only have a few babies, and If I remember correctly the babies are pretty big when they are born.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 00:47Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
EditedEdited by Shinigami
I'm pretty sure halfbeak breeding is rather difficult, at least when compared to the other, more common livebearers. Can't say I've had any actual experience with them, though.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 04:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
male usa
I believe there are some articles on wetwebmedia about breeding halfbeaks. Good luck!

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2008 07:21Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
I now own more than one male halfbeak. Yesterday I got another 6. Two were male, 4 female. One died, not sure which sex tho. They others are eating mosquito larvae and bloodworms tonight.

They have a whole tank to themselves, except for the 3 common whiptails on the bottom and they barely move much anyway.

I have a lot more plants on order so I can make it like a little jungle in there.

Just managing to keep them all happy and alive will surfice for the moment. Breeding might occur later.
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2008 11:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dvd_wightman
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 10
male usa
Congrats on the halfbeaks. Hopefully you decide to breed them.

Tanks:
10 Gallon-2 Platies
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 09:22Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies