SubscribeNew Guppies & Platies!
Rookie_Boy
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 55
Votes: 0
male uk
EditedEdited by Rookie_Boy
I got Two female guppies to Help The Poor Lone adult Female, Who keeps Getting Harrased by the 3 males for s*x! & Her's spine seems to have bent, Is there anything i can do about it?
Also I bought a Pair of Red Wag Platies, They have that fantastic Blue tinge on the fins! But it seems that they are both girls so I will ask my mum to take me back to get a male! So i can start breeding them! They r my first platies, I have 3 male guppies, 4 females, A net breeder full of guppy fry, 5 Juvenile mollies, bought them from a lfs as fry, 1 Male 4 females, Lucky Male molly! Maybe I should name him Lucky! And now 2 female Red wag Platies, There were adults & Juneniles together I asked for juneniles as I like to see my fish grow up!

And Remember My post about the bully female molly down the page? When i got home from the LFS, I discovered her chasing my fav female molly in circles, And my fav molly turning around and biting the bully! And it was not Feeding time! Maybe she thought the new platies & guppies were livefood for her! Lol.. I think that they would be too big for her mouth

Right now,.....

Thanks!

R_Boy
Post InfoPosted 08-Aug-2006 22:44Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
First I hope you have a big tank and plenty of floating top cover for all the fry you are going to have very soon. What size tank do you have if it is a small tank you will be having massive over stocking very soon?

With the bent spine this can be caused by inbreeding also the foods the FMs are given before the fry hatch and also when the fry are very young. There has been other postings about this some one might know where it is.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2006 06:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Rookie_Boy
-----
Hobbyist
male uk
It's a 29g,
Stocking follows,
5 juvenile mollies,
2 juv platies,
7 adult guppies,
net breeder full of guppy fry,
1 Angel, Who has eaten about 95% of all my guppy fry, the remaining 5% is in the net breeder,(Will be moved to 55g,)
4 Neons,(Will be upped to 10)
2 cories wil be upped to 4 and then moved to 55g, then upped to nine,
So Keith there's no need to worry about overstocking as the angel will make sure of that!
could Sum1 could give me a link to another topic about the bent spine?

Thanks,
R_Boy
Post InfoPosted 09-Aug-2006 11:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
As soon as I saw the angel was their I fully realized there would be no problem. As long as there are fry I think the angel will keep away from the neons but you never know especialy as it gets bigger.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 10-Aug-2006 02:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Rookie_Boy
-----
Hobbyist
male uk
Keithgh, The angel will be moved to the 55g when it is set up & A gourami will be bought to replace it in the 29g.
The neons will stay in the 29g,
So there should'nt be any over breeding problems,
The smaller of the platies has died, she could'nt adapt, (I think) The other one is fine,

Thanks
R_Boy
Post InfoPosted 10-Aug-2006 19:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Looks like you have thought it through well done. Just out of interest what type of Gourami are you getting as some can have rather nasty habits. I prefer the blue Opaline but they prefer to be in schols.

Look here for my

Keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2006 02:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Rookie_Boy
-----
Hobbyist
male uk
Probably A DG, I've had a Opaline gourami before, It was so aggressive that it would not let the guppies and neons feed at the surface, they had to stay at middle level or below waiting for the food that would float down.
I had 2 DGs before they were introduced and they were fine.. a few days later, I went away & came back to find the male dead & them female Seriously injured with an huge hole in her side i treated her but eventually, she died,
(She was the my favorite of the pair) So, I will get a single DG.

R_Boy
Post InfoPosted 11-Aug-2006 09:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies