Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew babies :)
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
My swordtail just had about 50 babies! This is her 9th batch since she has been with a male now. I wonder what the record is for how many batches a fish has had off of one breeding?
Post InfoPosted 14-Jan-2008 23:47Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
EditedEdited by platy boy
congrats gourami!!!!!
i remember my first bunch of little fry there were 30 realy little mollys. butyours will be lots of work
keep a eye on them and then you will get some big swordtails
who knows mabey you could be a comercial breeder
good luck with them and hopefully one big mean platy in your tank doesent tip the breeder box and eat all your fry (shakes fist at platy!)
have fun!

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2008 02:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
male usa
lol! thats pretty funny. I take it that happened to you? Ive got mine all in there own tank, with a couple older brothers to show them what is food lol.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2008 11:48Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
ya unfortunitly it did
keeping them in there own tank is probably there best bet beacause you dont have to worry about other fish eating them and they have alot more space for when they grow i guess this tank there in is about 10gal? what type of food are you feeding them?

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2008 15:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
male usa
Right now they are getting crushed flakes and blood worms.
And the tank they are in has quite the algae supply to munch on.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2008 23:06Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
To save more fry, you can add some fine leaved plants & the fry will hide in there for the first 2/3 days. After that stage, they'll be pretty fast & can escape other fish.

I feed my livebearer fry, flakes & food petters that stick to the tank glass. They all join in & in that way, it will be easier to catch them as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2008 22:14Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies