AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Livebearers Lane
  L# Stocking a 55 gal....need some advice!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeStocking a 55 gal....need some advice!
bigluv71
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 5
Votes: 0
I have kept fish for many years now, but I have never done a livebearer tank. My daughters have been begging me for a while now, so I'm going to give it a try. I have a fully set up and cycled 55 gal tank that I am planning on using.

I would like to have a variety of different types, but I'm honestly new to these types, so any stocking advice would be greatly appreciated!
Post InfoPosted 06-Jan-2011 04:56Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Do you have anything in the 55 now or is it empty stock wise?

Are you planning on just livebearers or a mixed community tank with some livebearers. Have you thought of what you'll do with the, 'extra' fish that'll end up in the tank?

We had a few swords in our community asian tank, but had the ratio wrong and unfortunately the male sword grew up thinking he'd be king of the tank. Be sure you get a 3:1 ratio of females to males if you go swords.

I have a guppy tank as well, have mostly left it alone since getting it. Letting them do their thing, havent' had to cull too much.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2011 03:00Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies