Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeSwordtail and guppy pregnant
baby2002
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 14
Votes: 0
female uk
First of all I think my swordtail is pregnant as she has got really fat over the last week. Cannot see and dark spots as she is orange. Her partner died about 3 weeks ago could she still be pregnant as I have no other swordtails in the tank if she is how long are they pregant for and when should I sepperate her from the fry?
Secondly y guppy is pregnant as I can see the black spot she swims close to the top all the time when will sh ehave the fry? how long are they pregnant for? when do i take her out and put her in a hatchery?
As you can tell I am new to this only 2months, if anyone could give me any ideas I would appreciate this. Thanks
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:46Profile PM Edit Report 
von dutch
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 76
female australia
yes it is possible your sword can still b pregnant. and guppys stay pregnant for 30 days

~elaine~
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ronnfive
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 219
male philippines
…could she still be pregnant as I have no other swordtails in the tank

Yes, definitely and she will continue to drop up to 7x and 7 months for just 1 mating. When she dropped mark your calendar as she will be dropping again for the next month, just count from the day she dropped up to 28-32 days providing good food, and good water condition.

…if she is how long are they pregant for

She will drop every month, that’s why they call it prolific.

…and when should I sepperate her from the fry?

Separate her after she completely dropped the batch, because she will eat them. Note for higher survival rate of the fry, plant your tank heavily from bottom to top. Throw some anacharis and hornworth.

Like swordtail, guppy is the same prolific… just a hint though, if your guppy or swordtail is a bit boxy shape of her belly, she will closely drop the batch.

Gud luck for the upcoming fry!!! And welcome to FP!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:46Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
baby2002
-----
Small Fry
female uk
Thanks but when will I know when to take them from the tank as I would like to keep some?
baby2002
-----
Small Fry
female uk
I also have 2 Apistogramma Ramirez (think that is what it called)They layed eggs yesturday mornig on a rock and have been emptying a hole to the side of this under a plant. I read that thery bury the eggs after a couple of days. What will I have to do whe they hatch? Do I take the fry out or leave them?
ronnfive
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 219
male philippines
Like i said above, if their shape becomes like very boxy, then take them to the breeder net. i dunno much about cichlidae specie. But i know most of them will be very mean to the other fishes specially during their breeding season. So just leave the ram there, then move the guppy and swordtail to the other tank.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:46Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
samnant247
Small Fry
Kudos: 0
female england
hi i have a pregnant guppy and she has white string like stuff coming out of her bum what does this mean ? thank you
Post InfoPosted 19-Aug-2012 15:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies